At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” Across the globe over 750 of us work together to bring this to life through our products and technology. We help our 4000+ clients and their leaders transform employee experience to attract, engage and retain top talent through employee benefits, strategic reward and recognition, well-being, and much more.
Due to growth in our business, an opportunity has become available for a Senior Payroll Team Leader with experience managing Bulgarian and US payrolls to join our team. This role will allow you to apply your expertise in a global organisation, lead a team and ensure best practices are applied in the payroll team.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing accurate payroll information
- Accounting of payroll journals and recharges on the finance system
- Balance sheet reconciliations relating to payroll
- Calculation and payment of payroll taxes within deadlines
- Processing of auto-enrolment pensions
- Responding to payroll queries
- Managing a team of four Payroll Assistants in delivering the above
- Assisting with the move away from third-party payroll providers and bringing the full payroll in-house
- Efficiently work with Finance and HR Teams to gather payroll data
- Manage monthly payroll information for third-party providers for the US and Bulgaria within defined deadlines
- Take care of the payroll information in-house when Reward Gateway moves away from third-party providers. This will include BG and US payrolls with support on Australia and UK payrolls.
- Calculate payroll tax and process the relevant payments within the defined deadlines
- Payroll, PAYE, NI, Pension & any other payments related to the region
- Manage the auto-enrollment process in accordance with legal requirements
- Accurately manage information relating to new starters, leavers, commissions, bonuses, loan deductions, etc.
- Efficiently pay staff outside of payroll runs (if required) using the relevant payroll legislation to work out the PAYE, Employee & Employers NIC as well as grossed-up payment amounts for certain employees
- Make all payrolls and pensions data available for external auditors and provide answers to any queries
- Constantly improving payroll processes to ensure the quality and efficiency of payroll reporting
- Assist the Finance Manager with various ad-hoc duties
- A minimum of 4+ years of payroll experience of which at least 2 years as a Payroll Team Leader or Manager
- Ability to handle multiple payrolls and be proactive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Bulgarian salary structures and regulations
- Advantageous to have UK and/or US experience
- Above average Excel proficiency. (Lookups & Pivot tables)
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- An organized, analytical, and detail-oriented person
The Interview Process
- Video interview with the Senior Talent Partner. This will last no longer than 40 minutes
- A 60-minute online technical interview with the Finance Manager and Payroll Manager
- A final 45-minute online interview with the Group Financial Controller and Finance Manager
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity, and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community, and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.
We hire BETTER.
From perks to people, our BETTER approach to hiring earns us more trust, happier people, and more world-class talent that helps us to make the world a better place to work. Find out more about Reward Gateway's approach to benefits, equality, talent, technology, empathy, and what you’ll get in return for joining our Mission at rg.co/lifeatrg