At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our culture and our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” We do this through our products and technology, supporting our 2500+ clients and their leaders to connect, recognise and engage their people.
Our products include:
- Smart Spending: one of the world’s most successful employee discount programmes with over $1 billion annual spend at over 1500 retail partners
- Smart Pay: our streamlined, user-friendly platform which consolidates and automates payroll benefit applications
- Recognition & Reward: where over 3 million moments of recognition are shared, celebrated and redeemed each year
Our mission is to make the world a better place to work and to achieve this mission we need are looking for an experienced Technical Engineering Lead who will take on the role of day-to-day management to develop, deliver and maintain platform improvements. This is a role that requires hands-on coding support when needed.
You will participate in design reviews, recommend improvements and create consensus through self-confidence, clear communication and the technical skills to back your decisions.
We have a range of React and React Native apps, bots, and extensions built with GraphQL and Typescript. These talk to our PHP and Python services running on Kubernetes and Docker in Amazon Web Services. We use SQL, Redshift, and MySQL for data - and have a few caching solutions.
- Improving processes
- Planning and executing strategies that benefit the team and platform
- Championing and maintaining quality standards and processes
- Identifying technical solutions that adhere to / go beyond best practice
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture
- Get involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Coordinating across departments to accomplish collaborative goals
- Foster technical decision making on the team, and make final decisions
- Discern engineering metrics and seek to improve them
- Managing and supporting Engineering team members
- Mentoring team members and supporting their continued growth
- Maintaining team morale and ensuring their success
- Experience in a technical leadership role developing large-scale business critical SaaS applications
- Detailed knowledge of current web and browser concepts, and how to apply it
- Experience with a variety of backend technologies including PHP
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
The Interview Process
- A video interview with the Talent Acquisition Partner. This should last no longer than 40 minutes.
- A 60 minute technical interview with the Director of Engineering.
- A final meeting with the CTO.
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.
We hire BETTER.
From perks to people, our BETTER approach to hiring earns us more trust, happier people and more world-class talent that help us to make the world a better place to work. Find out more about Reward Gateways approach to benefits, equality, talent, technology, empathy and what you’ll get in return for joining our Mission at rg.co/lifeatrg