At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our culture and our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” We do this through our products and technology, supporting over 2500 clients and their leaders to connect, recognise and engage with their people.
Our products include:
- Smart Spending: one of the world’s most successful employee discount programmes with over $1 billion annual spend at over 1500 retail partners
- Recognition & Reward: where over 3 million moments of recognition are shared, celebrated and redeemed each year
- Smart Pay: our streamlined, user-friendly platform which consolidates and automates payroll benefit applications
Your role in our Mission:
As a hands-on Head of Product Design, you'll lead and grow a team of talented Product Designers who work across our portfolio of platform and customer product experiences. You'll set the strategy and design standards; create order out of uncertainty, will encourage the team and the wider organisation to join you in your pursuit of uncompromising product quality through coaching, mentoring and strong communication - becoming the face and voice of User Experience Design for Reward Gateway. Your work will touch millions of end-users and directly impact making the world a better place to work.
- Lead, grow and encourage an impactful team to deliver market leading product design solutions.
- Develop and drive adoption of design standards, compelling user experience vision, strategy and success metrics.
- Collaborate and foster positive relationships with product, engineering and go-to-market teams to ensure design continuity across the business.
- Be a role model and mentor for outstanding visual and interaction design practice and a champion for design thinking.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data and insight to drive design solutions.
- Lead and facilitate idea generation and evaluation with partners, and mentor others in doing so.
- Guide the design of components and patterns; drive optimisations for flexibility, re-use/scale, usability, performance, brand distinction and visual appeal.
- Develop persuasive communication materials and storytelling techniques that establish and build understanding, confidence and long term trust.
- Make effective use of design feedback and guide others on the best approaches for clear, concise, useable and organised communication
- 8+ years experience in Product Design, with 2+ years in a Head of Design or Design leadership position in a high growth B2B or B2C business.
- A proven background in delivering world class business or consumer facing products with a portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Experience building and managing product design teams with the ability to balance leadership and hands-on requirements, leading by example throughout the product design and development lifecycle.
- You relentlessly strive for ‘better’ and are comfortable introducing new ways of working, identifying industry and market trends and best practice to enable development of outstanding user-centric products
- A history of successful collaboration with technical and commercial partners
- Strong core visual and interaction design skills with a focus on prototyping, front-end presentation technology, and user-centered design methods.
- Solid understanding of accessible design
The Interview Process
- A screening interview with the Talent Partner. This should last no longer than 40 minutes.
- Final stage interview with the COO and CTO or Director of Engineering
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.
We hire BETTER.
From perks to people, our BETTER approach to hiring earns us more trust, happier people and more world-class talent that help us to make the world a better place to work. Find out more about Reward Gateways approach to benefits, equality, talent, technology, empathy and what you’ll get in return for joining our Mission at rg.co/lifeatrg.