This role offers a remote or hybrid work offering for a Bulgarian-based individual. Kindly note that your application will only be considered if you are located in Bulgaria and have the legal right to work in Bulgaria.
At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our culture and our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” We do this through our products and technology, supporting our 5000+ clients and their leaders to connect, recognise and engage their people.
Our products include:
- Smart Spending: one of the world’s most successful employee discount programmes with over $1 billion annual spend at over 1500 retail partners
- Smart Pay: our streamlined, user-friendly platform which consolidates and automates payroll benefit applications
- Recognition & Reward: where over 3 million moments of recognition are shared, celebrated and redeemed each year
We’re looking for a motivated Back-End Software Engineer who is keen to develop extraordinary products and be part of our fast-growing business.
We're excited to hear from anyone who believes in creating clean, testable code.
- Defining, interpreting and developing software to written requirements and technical specifications
- Suggesting improvements to existing products and implementing them across our platform.
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core product and databases to ensure it is functional and scalable
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests and perform troubleshooting
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Write clean, well-designed code, following coding standards and best practices
- Working with globally distributed and multi-disciplinary teams
- 3+ years experience with web application backend development and a good level of PHP7/8 and MySQL (or other DBMS)
- Practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with SQL - REST API and GraphQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies ideal
- Knowledge of web product development and services, with an awareness of full-stack
- A good understanding of building and operating cloud-based microservices
- Good English communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
The Interview Process
- A video interview with the Senior Talent Partner and Senior Developer or Engineering Lead. This should last no longer than 30 minutes.
- Final video interview of 75 minutes that will consist of 3 stages. This includes:
- 50 minutes to discuss your experience and technical abilities
- 15 minutes to review and discuss a coding exercise
- 10 minutes to ask questions you may have
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity, and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.
We hire BETTER.
From perks to people, our BETTER approach to hiring earns us more trust, happier people, and more world-class talent that help us to make the world a better place to work. Find out more about Reward Gateway's approach to benefits, equality, talent, technology, and empathy, and what you’ll get in return for joining our Mission at rg.co/lifeatrg.