At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our culture and our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” We do this through our products and technology, supporting our 2500+ clients and their leaders to connect, recognise and engage their people.
Our products include:
- Smart Spending: one of the world’s most successful employee discount programmes with over $1 billion annual spend at over 1500 retail partners
- Smart Pay: our streamlined, user-friendly platform which consolidates and automates payroll benefit applications
- Recognition & Reward: where over 3 million moments of recognition are shared, celebrated and redeemed each year
We’re looking for motivated and passionate developers who are keen to develop world-class products and be part of a growing business. This will involve collaborating with people from various backgrounds and experiences to help design, improve and build solutions that impact millions of people's lives.
We have PHP and Python services running on Kubernetes and Docker in Amazon Web Services. This talks to our React and React Native apps, bots, and extensions built with GraphQL and Typescript. We use SQL, Redshift, and MySQL for data - and have a few caching solutions too.
We're excited to hear from anyone who is keen and believes in creating clean, testable code.
You’re not expected to have expertise in all these technologies, and if you’re unsure, please apply.
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist in identifying requirements and producing specifications
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests and perform troubleshooting
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Contribute to all areas of the software development lifecycle and make recommendations for improvement
- Write clean, well-designed code, following coding standards and best practices
- Participate in mentoring and knowledge sharing activities
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Experienced with the design and development of high traffic, web systems
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with REST API and GraphQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Comfortable working with agile methodologies
- Knowledge of web product development and services, with awareness of the full-stack
- A good understanding of building and operating cloud-based microservices
- Superb communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluent in English
The interview process
- A 30 minute telephone interview with our recruitment team
- Video call interview with the Team Managers that will last no longer than an hour
- Take home assessment
- Final interview and presenting your assessment to the Head of Engineering
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.