At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” Across the globe over 750 of us work together to bring this to life through our products and technology. We help our 4000+ clients and their leaders to transform employee experience that will attract, engage and retain top talent through employee benefits, strategic reward and recognition, well-being, and much more.
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join the newly formed Data Team at Reward Gateway. You will work with the Head of Data, Data Engineer, and the wider Engineering team to ensure that we have robust processes and tools in place to deliver clean and valuable data to the business.
You will apply your expertise in SQL and Python to create robust data models and pipelines, to deliver value to our end data users. You will use cloud-based technologies to create these in a scalable, efficient way, allowing actionable insights to be made. You will use these to not only develop the data models but to continually refine them based on feedback and customer needs.
You will collaborate with Product Managers, Analysts, and other stakeholders across the company. You will demystify complex data concepts, delivering insights that are both comprehensible and actionable to them, helping to foster a data-led approach to strategic decision-making.
- Work with Product Managers to design, define, and build robust data models, integrating multiple data sources to address reporting needs
- Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for data models, ensuring performance, accuracy, and alignment with business objectives
- Automate data refreshes, troubleshooting and resolving any issues to ensure continuity of data flow and accessibility for end-users
- Maintain documentation for all data models, including schema designs, data lineage, transformation logic, and refresh cycles
- Deliver training sessions and create user guides for business stakeholders on data models, enabling them to leverage business intelligence tools for effective decision-making
- Implement and adhere to best practices in software development lifecycle management to ensure quality and repeatability
- Enhance the overall data infrastructure to support advanced data analytics
- Act as a bridge between the Data Team and non-technical stakeholders, helping to foster a data-driven culture within the organisation
- A background in data modelling, ideally with experience using DBT for constructing and managing data pipelines
- Understanding of software development best practices, especially in the context of data pipeline construction, maintenance, and version control
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Python with experience in writing efficient queries to cover large data sets
- Practical experience with cloud-based data warehousing solutions, understanding the difference in storage and compute architectures used
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate complex data concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of statistical concepts (e.g. standard deviation, variance) in a data-driven business context
The Interview Process
- A video interview with the Senior Talent Partner and the Head of Data. This should last no longer than 40 minutes.
- A final video interview with the Head of Data and Head of Development.
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.
We hire BETTER.
From perks to people, our BETTER approach to hiring earns us more trust, happier people and more world-class talent that help us to make the world a better place to work. Find out more about Reward Gateways approach to benefits, equality, talent, technology, empathy and what you’ll get in return for joining our Mission at rg.co/lifeatrg.