At Reward Gateway, we’re driven by our mission to “make the world a better place to work.” Across the globe over 750 of us work together to bring this to life through our products and technology. We help our 4000+ clients and their leaders to transform employee experience that will attract, engage and retain top talent through employee benefits, strategic reward and recognition, well-being, and much more.
Due to growth and expansion, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our newly formed Data Team at Reward Gateway. You will work closely with the Head of Data and the Data Engineering team, to define, deploy and maintain our data tooling and infrastructure.
You will work on delivering new services and improvements in our Amazon Web Services environment, working with platforms like MySQL, Redshift, and Kinesis. You will work collaboratively with the wider Engineering and DevOps team to ensure that the deployment of this data infrastructure is aligned to the rest of our global infrastructure, sharing best practices across the teams.
- Define and build deployment processes for tools and services that will form the core of our data infrastructure.
- Support Data Engineers to deploy models in an efficient and scalable way.
- Monitor and maintain the health, availability, and performance of our data infrastructure, addressing issues proactively and minimising downtime
- Support the Data team with setting up development and staging environments to build and test data processes.
- Keep up to date documentation on services that are deployed, and deployment processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software development, security, and product management, to identify infrastructure requirements and implement necessary solutions.
- Provide technical training to members of the Data and Engineering teams.
- Experience working in a data-centric environment, collaborating closely with data engineers, analysts and data scientists.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its core services, including IAM, VPC, EC2, and S3 as well as a deep understanding of AWS best practices and security principles.
- An understanding of data ecosystems, including data pipeline orchestration, data warehousing, and modelling.
- Understanding of DevOps principles and practices, promoting collaboration and efficiency between development and operations teams
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing cloud-based solutions using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform, is desirable.
- Familiarity with SQL and other relational database tools is a plus.
The Interview Process
- A video interview with the Senior Talent Partner and the Head of Data. This should last no longer than 40 minutes.
- A final video interview with the Head of Data and Head of Development.
Be comfortable. Be you.
At Reward Gateway, we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Express yourself, join our community and help us Make the World a Better Place to Work.
We hire BETTER.
From perks to people, our BETTER approach to hiring earns us more trust, happier people and more world-class talent that help us to make the world a better place to work. Find out more about Reward Gateways approach to benefits, equality, talent, technology, empathy and what you’ll get in return for joining our Mission at rg.co/lifeatrg.